In my real life studio classes I have a focus or theme to each class. I like to combine a lecture or ‘art talk’ with plenty of visuals to illustrate the key concepts. I usually do at least one demo painting. Students then do some warm-up painting exercises before working on the main assignment. I provide one on one guidance at the easel while the students paint. I always have hand-outs to go along with the topic. We usually conclude class with a question & answer/feedback session.
The E-classes will follow the same format as my studio classes but will be adapted to follow online. You will have access to:
- Transcripts of the lecture (I am working on adding podcast capability)
- Photos of visuals I present.
- Handouts available by email or PDF downloads so you can easily print them and keep in a notebook.
- Demonstration painting will be in the form of step by step photos and slideshows with my explanation of each step.
- Warm up painting exercises and main assignment explained in detail.
- Q &A and feedback on your assignments through emailed photos.
- Comments and conversation with other students through the comment feature on the class blog.
- Bonus links to resources that support the class topic